South Lakeland businesses get support to go green
South Lakeland District Council (SLDC) has teamed up with Green Small Business to offer a heavily subsidised deal for firms to get environmental advice and certification.
South Lakeland businesses can get a half-price rate on a package of environmental advice and support, along with 12 months Green Small Business certification. If you are a business based in South Lakeland, email [email protected] and we’ll send you a discount code.
The package of support includes:
- A high-level but systematic review of the environmental impacts of the business (via video-call or phone)
- A draft environmental action plan and policy for the business, for you to adjust as necessary
- 12 months Green Small Business certification
The decisions of customers and employees are increasingly informed by environmental concerns so getting environmental certification is a smart business move. It can also be a requirement for grant applications, tenders and supply contracts.
The Green Small Business approach is designed specifically for small businesses and organisations. Certification provides confirmation for customers and potential customers that a business is aware of its environmental impacts and that they are being actively managed. Renewing certification costs £199 every year, which is a fraction of the cost of other schemes designed with bigger businesses in mind.
The benefits to a small business of becoming Green Small Business certified include:
- Providing evidence of environmentally-friendly practices which can help secure contracts with government, public or private sector bodies.
- Saving money by understanding and managing how you use energy and water, where your raw materials come from and how you dispose of waste.
- Enhancing reputation by demonstrating commitment to the environment to clients, customers and potential customers.
- Improving your environmental performance by reducing resource use, energy use and waste.
We work with bigger businesses too and they are also eligible for SLDC funding support. If you are a medium-sized or large business (more than 49 staff), book a call to discuss your requirements.
What others have said
Here’s some feedback from South Lakeland business owners who have already benefited from this support:
Green Small Business has helped us to understand how to get started and progress on our sustainability journey. Taking the carbon consumption out of our business seems a huge and daunting task and now we have a plan I feel much more confident in making a real difference.Serena von der Heyde, Victorian House Hotel, Grasmere
Tim managed to pull together what would have taken us up to a year to do as a team. Tim has given us the focus, structure and coordination that we needed to understand what net-zero is, how we are going to get there, and what our plan is. We hope to continue to work with him into the future.”Dan Visser, Langdale Estate