“Having a baseline number for the carbon footprint of our business allows us to measure changes that we make to reduce this. Without an actual figure, it is easy to think that what we are doing is lessening our environmental impact, when it may not be having the kind of impact we hoped. Being certified will show that we are serious in reducing the environmental impact of the business – not just ‘greenwashing’.”
Environmental management systems
Our streamlined approach to environmental management systems is ideally suited to SMEs and many bigger businesses too.
A Green Small Business environmental management system will help you understand the environmental impacts of your business and put a clear framework in place to help manage them more effectively. It will be specific to your business. We do not believe in off-the-shelf approaches – every business is unique.
And it is all managed within our user-friendly portal, allowing you to update and track your progress in one place. It’s also packed with useful guidance and links to further resources to help you improve your environmental performance.
You can also use the portal to store data on other key metrics, such as your carbon footprint. And we will store all of your key documents here too – policy templates, Green Small Business certificate and anything else that we think you might find useful.
Access to the portal is free for all Green Small Business certified businesses.
You have two options for preparing your environmental management system:
1. Let us do the work for you
- If you choose this option, we will set up a voice or video call with you to conduct a light-touch but systematic review of the environmental impacts of your business.
- We can also facilitate a staff workshop to gather ideas, build awareness and generate buy-in.
- We will use the information gathered on the call to prepare a draft environmental policy and action plan for your business.
- Our action plans are hosted on our interactive online platform, making it super-easy to keep on track and monitor your progress.
- Once you are happy with it, we’ll provide you with 12 months Green Small Business certification (included in the price).
- Click here to place your order and we will contact you straight away.
2. Do it yourself
- The Green Small Business Handbook, is our free step-by-step guide, containing all the guidance you need to successfully create your own environmental management system. The handbook guides you through the process of preparing your Environmental Policy and Environmental Action Plan.
- You can also purchase our ‘Making it Easy’ pack, containing templates and examples of environmental policies and plans for you to use and adapt to suit your business.
- When you’re ready, we can also provide independent certification for your Green Small Business environmental management system.