“As an environmental business, measuring our carbon footprint was essential. We can now use our Environmental Action Plan to work towards reducing our footprint across all areas of the business. Tim is highly knowledgeable and great at tailoring the process to meet your business’ requirements.”
Green Small Business certification can be achieved from only £199+tax per year.
It’s a trusted, small business-friendly alternative to ISO 14001 certification. Use it to demonstrate your environmental credentials, meet tendering or funding requirements or increase your BCorp impact assessment score.
To gain certification, you will need to put an environmental policy and action plan in place for your business, and then demonstrate ongoing improvement in the management of your environmental impacts. You can prepare these documents yourself or let us take the strain.
If you purchase our environmental management system package we will do the necessary work for you and certification in the first year is included in the price.
To develop the policy and action plan yourself:
- The Green Small Business Handbook, is our free step-by-step guide, containing all the guidance you need to successfully create your own environmental management system. The handbook takes you step-by-step through the process of preparing your Environmental Policy and Environmental Action Plan.
- You can also purchase our ‘Making it Easy’ pack, containing templates and examples of environmental policies and plans which can be used and adapted to suit your business.
- When you’re ready, click here to order certification for your Green Small Business.
- We will review your documents, help improve them where we can and issue your certification.
Requirements for certification
Every business is unique, and every environmental management system should be too.
To achieve Green Small Business certification, we won’t give you a list of standards or criteria to meet. Because your business is unique, we will simply look for two things:
- Do you have a stated commitment to improving the management of all of the significant environmental impacts of your business?
- Do you have a policy and action plan in place to deliver that commitment?
Each year, to renew your certification you will need to demonstrate ongoing improvement in the management of your environmental impacts.
It’s as simple as that. It means we welcome businesses of all types and all levels of environmental ambition.